We are looking for a part-time Membership Coordinator. This is an ideal job if you are highly organized, attentive to detail, able to work independently, outgoing and passionate about saving wildlife. See details below.
Job Description: Membership Assistant
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
STATUS: Part-time, non-exempt (10 - 20 hours / week)
OVERVIEW: The Membership Assistant is an essential member of our team. The role of this position is to retain and grow our membership, serve as a liaison and provide customer service to our members.
About the Southwest Environmental Center
Founded in 1992 and based in Las Cruces, NM, we are an independent wildlife advocacy organization. Our mission is to protect and restore wildlife and their habitats in the Southwest. Our members are essential to our success.
- Process new memberships and renewals
- Send thank you emails and renewal notices
- Call lapsed members to encourage renewals
- Maintain accurate membership records on database (CiviCRM)
- Use database to produce periodic membership reports
- Serve as main contact person for members
- Respond to membership-related questions and problems
- Assist Executive Director with biweekly emails to members
- Coordinate with Executive Director to create and post content to website and social media
- Coordinate with bookkeeper to integrate donor information on database with Quickbooks accounting software
- Other membership-related duties as directed.
- Highly organized, attentive to detail, and able to work independently
- Outgoing with excellent customer service skills
- Passionate about saving nature
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree
- Successful management of membership programs
- Experience working in a small nonprofit
- Marketing experience
- Proficiency with CRM database
Compensation: $16 - $20 / hr, depending on experience.
Location: In person in Las Cruces preferred, but job can be done remotely from anywhere.
To apply: Send resume, letter of interest and three references to email@example.com. Position is open until filled.