We're hiring a Crew Leader/Trainer for our Youth Conservation Corps project
Do you like working outside, guiding young people and restoring wildlife habitat? Then this is the perfect job for you!
The purpose of this position, in coordination with the Executive Director, is to manage a six-month Youth Conservation Corps (YCC) project involving 5-7 crew members engaged in habitat restoration work in the greater Las Cruces area. This is a part-time position, 32 hours per week, ending no later than August 7, 2019.
- Crew management and training
- Hire replacement crew members as needed.
- Manage crew members in daily habitat restoration activities at two sites along the Rio Grande in Dona Ana County.
- Encourage crew members to self-organize their work.
- Arrange for training of crew members in the following topics: Bat House construction; Riparian habitat restoration; Ecological Monitoring; Conservation Education; Wildlife Cameras.
- Supervise crew members, address work-related issues and conflicts, and report any problems promptly to Executive Director.
- Project administration
- Send out press releases at milestone moments.
- Ensure SWEC has required insurance coverage.
- Purchase supplies and equipment as needed.
- Track expenses against budget.
- Prepare and submit twice-monthly requests for reimbursement to YCC administrator.
- Prepare and submit progress and final reports.
- Maintain accurate financial and activity records.
- Ensure SWEC compliance with all aspects of YCC contract.
- Provide daily project updates to Executive Director
- Must be able to work independently and be good problem-solver
- Must have own vehicle
- Experience in habitat restoration, construction, trail building, ecological monitoring, or any relevant area
- Leadership experience working with YCC or similar outdoor youth programs
- Experience with power tools
- First aid/CPR certification
Compensation: $15/hour, 32 hours per week, four days per week.
To apply: send cover letter, resume and three work-related references to firstname.lastname@example.org